Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Overnight Camp at Santa Monica, Ciawi, Bogor

On Thursday, 15 January 2009, grade 6 and grade 5 went for an overnight camp at Santa Monica, Bogor. We went there with Bu Dwi, Bu Dani, Pak Yohan, Pak Lukman and Pak Hari. It was a long trip there, it taking us 2 hours to reach the place.

When we got there, the people there gave us tea to make us warm because it was raining. After that we went to our room. I shared a room with Jessica, Yuri and Dinda. We had fun before the activities started.

We started the activities after that. We also got grouped. We walked to a small place to divide the teams and did fun small acitivities. We danced and did fun things, I had lots of fun! We were told to count numbers. I got number 2, Kak Alvin told us that group 2 was chicken. We each got blindfolds and been told to cover our eyes. I covered my eyes and waited for the instruction. Kak Alvin told us to make the animal’s sound we got and listen to the others. I did chicken sounds, I was a little embarassed but did it for fun. The first team member I found was Yuri, then we found the others too.

After a few minutes, we opened our blindfolds. I saw my team. My team was Kenneth, Keyzar, Yuri, Gianti, Isvan, Ryan, Abi, Maldini, Andrew K and Barron. We called our group “Chicken Peace”. Jessica’s team was named “Jackets” and Beverly’s team was named “Da Moos”


Then we got our blindfolds on again and Maldini led us through some ways. I was scared because I couldn’t see where I was going and we went up, down, left and right. When we took our blindfolds off we were surprised how far we went.

We did lots of fun activities. Then we had lunch and other activities. We had free time before the Night Safari. I played in my room with the other girls. We had fun!


At the evening, we had a meal before the Night Safari.

On the night safari, Beverly’s team went first then mine and then Jessica’s. We were not allowed to use flashlights because it might attract animals at night. So each team was given a torch to use along the way. Since Kenneth’s our leader, he went on at the front carrying the torch. But on the way, the fire died. On the night safari, I held on to Keyzar’s and Andrew K’s hand. I was a little scared. But we made it through.

After the night safari, we gathered at a place for each team to perform something. My team went on first. We performed a funny magic show. I was happy performing it with my team. After that Da Moos went next. They performed a drama and then the whole team sang “Main Hati”. Dinda played the guitar while the others sang. After that the Jackets performed. They edited a song that is called “Laskar Pelangi” and they edited it into “Laskar Jaket” They were really good, all teams were good.

Then we had a camp fire. Sammy and Carolina lit up the fire. We held hands and sang a quite weird song, and also did the dance. I was next to Della and David. After the camp fire we went to bed.


The next day, we got up early and excercised for about an hour. After that we had breakfast and got ready, but we still hadn’t taken a bath yet. We went tracking. We walked up a mountain. The walk took us 1 and a half hours. It was raining so we got a little wet. After the tracking, we went to a free space for a team challenge. Before this we also played the flying fox, monkey bridge and raffling. We needed to climb a bamboo ladder to play the flying fox. Raffling is going down a small cliff with a rope.

Then we did the team challenge. The team challenge was we needed to get the ball out of the pipe that has holes in them. We all got wet. But the Jackets won. Even though we didn’t win I enjoyed playing it. The last game wasn’t a team challenge but we all joined in to play this game. The game was to bring a candle with fire on it to another torch to light it up. It took us a lot of tries. It was raining and we got attacked by water balloons. We needed to go back and forth. When we reached the torch, the fire went out so we needed to get back to the start. Finally, we finished the game and we ended our day there. We took a bath and had lunch. After that, we went back to school. This overnight camp was really fun and grade 5 and 6 got along better than before! (Samantha/grade 6)


No comments: